Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hey... Homework!

Wow... Its been a week. I'm tired. Simply put.

Last weekend I spent in the city with some students up from John Brown University. Saturday night I spent in a gay bar learning about the homosexual community and the problem of male prostitution. Sunday I went to an all Spanish speaking church, learned about the Hispanic community over lunch. Sunday night we talked about racial reconciliation between whites and blacks... I had some misconeceptions shattered. Namely... How whites think we have made progress toward real reconciliation, but blacks think we have not made very much progress. Monday I learned about Muslims and Hindus living in America, that they are here, and they have an agenda that is eerily similar to Christians. I also bought a Dostoyevsky book at a Russian bookstore.

I haven't really caught up yet... Here are a couple of assignments turned in this week.

Globalization in the Modern World: An Introduction (HIS262)


Document Assignment - Chap 5 (HIS 262)


JOHNSON PLAYS ON SENATE'S GRIEF (HIS480)


I got a grade back on my "Facade of Consensus." I got a B+

I am happy with that. Ok... Sleep now. Maybe after school tomorrow I can finally feel caught up a bit on homework... Wait... Sleep will have to wait a little longer... I have a Sociology test at 9:30am...

1 comment:

Monique said...

So what did you learn about the Hispanic community? I hope you're doing well and getting some sleep