Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer is imminent


Well dear reader,

It has been a while. This blog of mine has seen seasons of more usage. I apologized for this in the past. This time, I will simply let it be.

This semester has been at once a strange, wonderful, painful, amazing collection of weeks. There were weeks of great joy, and weeks of great sorrow. Academically, it went well. I received straight A's once more. Considering I had five classes that were mostly upper level for my degree concentration and minor concentration, I am very pleased with the outcome. The picture seen here I took and used for a project in one of my classes, I created a web page for the project. Check it out here.

I'm in Arizona for a few days, enjoying the heat. BTW, you can follow me on twitter @chrismwarren.

So many thoughts are swirling, and yet not one can surface enough to make meaning or significance at this point. Sigh.

Since I am reading Friedman at the moment, I will simply comment on the first few pages of his recently updated tome: The World Is Flat. Friedman contends early on that the Internet and various pieces of it have flattened the globe in a way that makes globalization kick into hyper drive and allow opportunity to be seized by anyone with a computer and access to the world wide web. He is more eloquent then I am, but by creating this post and discussing his book, I am proving his point entirely.

Anyone read the rest? What was the most impactful portion of the book for you?

What are you thinking about? What thoughts are swirling friends?

No comments: