Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Revolution by George Barna

Today I am in Antioch, IL visiting with NorthBrigde Church, and members of the Russian team who I served with last fall. The team is meeting all the members of the church staff this morning. As a "get-to-know" each other activity we are answering random questions.

My question was "What is the most impactful book you have read in the last six months?"

I read it on the plane last Saturday. Revolution by George Barna.

Barna hashes out the tough data that he has been tackling during the last 5 years. He basically predicts a coming revolution within the church. This revolution will be made up of younger people (1965-2002), who are discontent with the current model of congregational faith based communities.

This book challenged the reader on multiple occasions to examine whether or not they were a revolutionary themselves. But, before Barna even asked me... I found myself saying "That's me!" or "I think that too!"

I will post up some excerpts and comment on those in the coming week. In the meantime, YOU need to go get this book from your local retailer, and read it. Seriously, if you are a conservative, progressive, modern, postmodern... where ever you believe you fall.

The revolution is coming.

No comments: