Thursday, September 20, 2007

History Papers - And a photo.

I have written my first tougher paper of the semester for my History of US since 1945 class (HIS480). It's about 1500 words, entitled: The Facade of Postwar American Consensus.

Here is the thesis:
In the late 1940's and 1950's, America showed signs of growing popular consensus regarding what was good for the nation. This consensus, or general agreement, was shared by many flocking to suburban America and, although policy implementation among parties differed; shared by many national leaders. This is true - however, consensus was not shared by all, most notably, the impoverished, African Americans. This era of consensus would not last long. [read the rest of the paper on Google Docs by clicking here].
As this paper marks a real attempt to write a quality paper, I would appreciate all feedback. I wish it wasn't due for a week so I could revise it based on critique, but alas... It is due at 1pm, today (and I already emailed it to my Prof. haha).

I also had a primary source document assignment for History of Civ II (HIS262).

Document Assignment - Chapter 3 (HIS262)

Re: The picture. I whipped up a little Gimp/Picasa magic last night as a creative response to feeling the pressure of the paper. Stop the Traffik has been on my mind a lot lately... I have a cool story about a recruit I talked to earlier this week too... So I hope I can get that up soon.

No comments: